Account Service Representative
Concordia Publishing House (CPH), the publishing arm of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS), is seeking an Account Service Representative. This position will service client relationships and expand sales while seeking to increase the utilization of CPH's production service capacities in areas of print such as digital resources, direct mail, fulfillment and distribution services. This position reports to the Director of Sales and works in partnership with the manager of Purchasing.
Specific duties include:
- Service and retain existing Print clients and grow new business, in order to achieve monthly and annual sales goals as set forth in the business plan.
- Build and manage customer relations with key persons and entities, recommending methods or technologies that will provide cost effective solutions to their needs.
- Manage client relations with other LCMS entities that utilize CPH print capabilities and fulfillment services including a) Serving as primary contact to strengthen relationships, b) Resolving billing and item set-up questions, c) Ensuring proper reporting to the entities,
- Identify and secure new clients by making sales calls via telephone and in person.
- Provide timely, formal quotes to clients while maintaining a competitive price structure and profitable sales margin.
- Achieve annual sales goal for new clients by:
- Researching and developing prospect list and making outbound calls.
- Identifying market potential by qualifying accounts.
- Initiating sales process by scheduling appointments; making initial presentation; understanding account requirements; presenting quotations.
- Maintain detailed job records including all quotes and services.
- Prepare final billing statement for customer invoicing and ensure margin goals are achieved.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High school diploma is required, and a bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- One to three years of sales experience required. Industry experience with printing, direct mail, and/or production coordination highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod required.
- Strong knowledge of CPH products, their features, and benefits is desired.
CPH is mission-focused, customer-driven, and exists for the purpose of providing Christian resources that meet the needs of its customers today and in the future. CPH has been certified as a Best Christian Workplace by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute, is a winner of the Missouri Quality Award, and the National Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award. CPH offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package featuring medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care benefits; disability and survivor benefits; accidental death insurance; and a company-provided retirement plan and an optional 403(b) retirement plan featuring a company match. Many other benefits are provided to CPH employees including free parking, business casual dress code, tuition reimbursement, and a friendly, team-oriented work environment with a management culture that solicits and recognizes employees for their ideas on opportunities to continually improve the company and our service to customers. We are looking for the best candidates to share in our vision.