Concordia Publishing House (CPH), the publishing arm of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS), is seeking a Sales Representative. This position will service client relationships and expand sales of our marketing services including PR, social media, emails, web design, digital ads, SEO, content marketing, analytics, media planning, and consulting services. In addition, this position will maintain relationships and service accounts for our production services including areas of print, direct mail, fulfillment, and distribution services. This position reports to the Director of Sales and works in partnership with the manager of Purchasing.
Specific duties include:
- Develop and expand the sales of the various services CPH has to offer, in order to achieve monthly and annual sales goals.
- Service, retain, and build client relations with LCMS entities and other organizations by a) serving as primary contact, b) resolving billing and item set-up questions, c) ensuring proper reporting is made to the entities, and d) seeking ways to strengthen relationships.
- Identify and secure new clients by making sales calls via telephone, electronic communications, and in-person.
- Provide timely, formal quotes to clients while maintaining a competitive price structure and profitable sales margin.
- Achieve annual sales goal for new clients by:
- Researching and developing prospect list and making outbound calls.
- Identifying market potential by qualifying accounts.
- Initiating sales process by scheduling appointments; making initial presentation; understanding account requirements; presenting quotations.
- Maintain detailed job records including all quotes and services.
- Prepare final billing statement for customer invoicing and ensure margin goals are achieved.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High school diploma is required, and a bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Three years of sales experience required. Industry experience with media marketing, print/production coordination, and communications is highly desired.
- Able to negotiate and utilize proper sales techniques as well as exhibit excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Sense of urgency to make sure all jobs are completed on schedule.
- Strong knowledge of the Lutheran faith and affinity for the LCMS.
- Strong knowledge of CPH products, their features, and benefits is desired.
CPH is mission-focused, customer-driven, and exists for the purpose of providing Christian resources that meet the needs of its customers today and in the future. CPH has been certified as a Best Christian Workplace by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute, is a winner of the Missouri Quality Award, and the National Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award. CPH offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package featuring medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care benefits; disability and survivor benefits; accidental death insurance; and a company-provided retirement plan and an optional 403(b) retirement plan featuring a company match. Many other benefits are provided to CPH employees including free parking, business casual dress code, tuition reimbursement, and a friendly, team-oriented work environment with a management culture that solicits and recognizes employees for their ideas on opportunities to continually improve the company and our service to customers. We are looking for the best candidates to share in our vision.