Manager, Network Operations
Concordia Publishing House (CPH), the publishing arm of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS), is seeking a Manager, Network Operations. This position is responsible for the secure and efficient operation of the CPH network, including product / vendor recommendation, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of all components comprising the CPH network infrastructure.
The essential functions of this position are as follows:
- Manage the specification, installation and administration of all servers and network components, including routers and switches. Manage 3rd party relationships with hardware/maintenance vendors.
- Manage all network administration responsibilities including network design, maintenance, and the addition or removal of users and devices to the network. Perform network troubleshooting as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the firewall, including the creation of security rules and standards along with the enforcement of same. Work with 3rd party vendors to ensure continued secure operation of the firewall and correct issues as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining requirements for WAN & LAN and creating environments for the same.
- Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, rights, security, and software on file servers via Active Directory.
- Oversee back-up process of data to ensure continued availability.
- Serve as the focal point for PCI (Payment Card Industry) Compliance, including maintenance of our CDE (Cardholder Data Environment) and the ongoing review and adoption of PCI established best practices. Work with the Business Systems Team to create and maintain an environment that complies with the requirements of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
- Manage relationships with external providers / vendors to ensure continuous operation and access.
- Work with vendors to obtain patches/fixes for software and hardware components. Upgrade network hardware & software components to ensure operability and maintainability.
- Manage user desktop updates to ensure current versions of software are available.
- Determine proper access levels for users and grant appropriate permissions.
- Oversee the Network Operations team and their resolution of helpdesk calls, assisting when necessary.
- Provide support for new and existing mobile devices to ensure employees can connect to the network and perform all required functions in a secure environment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Certification as MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) is preferred.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in network administration and support. Prior experience with both Unix and Linux operating systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced switching, firewall, routing, and wireless technologies
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems and Mac OS
- Knowledge of common security practices and implementation in PCI-DSS
- Familiarity with virtualization technology including Hyper-V, Virtual Machine Manager, and SANs
- Excellent customer service skills and strong customer service attitude
- Ability to be on call after normal business hours for emergency technical support and planned maintenance activities
CPH is mission-focused, customer-driven, and exists for the purpose of providing Christian resources that meet the needs of its customers today and in the future. CPH has been certified as a Best Christian Workplace by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute, is a winner of the Missouri Quality Award, and the National Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award. CPH offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package featuring medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care benefits; disability and survivor benefits; accidental death insurance; and a company-provided retirement plan and an optional 403(b) retirement plan featuring a company match. Many other benefits are provided to CPH employees including free parking, business casual dress code, tuition reimbursement, and a friendly, team-oriented work environment with a management culture that solicits and recognizes employees for their ideas on opportunities to continually improve the company and our service to customers. We are looking for the best candidates to share in our vision.