Full-time, temporary (Summer 2020)
Concordia Publishing House (CPH), the publishing arm of The Lutheran Church—Missouri
Synod, is seeking a Copywriting Intern in our Marketing Department. This intern will be
responsible for writing promotional copy for the web and email marketing campaigns, including
content blogs, emails, landing pages, product descriptions, and print ads, as well as other
marketing assignments. The candidate should understand the needs of the church and be able to
create content that meets LCMS doctrinal standards.
Specific duties include:
- Write clear, concise, engaging, and accurate copy for optimal user experience and measurable
- Work inter-departmentally with Marketing, Corporate Communications, Design, and Editorial to
gather information, generate ideas, and gain consensus.
- Write copy that is optimized for search engines.
- Ensure consistency in terminology, voice, style, and messaging.
- Coursework or major in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with Adobe tools is highly desired, especially
- Completion of Junior year of study at the time of the internship, but still having full-time
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Ability to incorporate outside opinions into copy, make revisions based on iterative
feedback, and accept and provide constructive feedback.
- Strong editing/proofreading skills, problem-solving, and strategic thinking.
- Active membership in a LCMS congregation.
- Active involvement in campus life.
Interns will be paid at a rate of $12.00 per hour. Students from outside the St. Louis
area will receive a housing allowance in the amount of $125.00 per week.
- Submit an online application and upload a curriculum vitae or resume as part of the online
- Submit one or more letters of recommendation from professors to CPH. Letters of reference
should be sent to email@example.com.
Applications, resumes, and letters of recommendation will be accepted until February 1,
CPH is mission-focused, customer-driven, and exists to provide Christian resources that meet
the needs of its customers today and in the future. CPH has been certified as a Best Christian
Workplace by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute and is a winner of the Missouri Quality
Award and the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. CPH offers competitive pay and a
friendly, team-oriented work environment. Our management culture solicits and recognizes
employees for their ideas on opportunities to continually improve the company and our service to
customers. We are looking for the best candidates to share in our vision.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org