Senior HR Generalist
Concordia Publishing House (CPH), the publishing arm of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS), is seeking an Senior HR Generalist to work in the Human Resources Department. This position will play a key role in the success of the organization through their work in the areas of recruitment, onboarding, training, and recommendations of HR best practices. This position will process payroll on a bi-weekly basis and will assist with facilitating a positive relationship among all levels of employees within the organization.
The essential functions of this position are as follows:
- Develop, maintain, and present training programs on topics for both management and non-management staff.
- Proactively recruit new candidates as positions become available. This includes preparing job postings, reviewing resumes, interviewing candidates, checking references, and testing applicants.
- Assist with the administration and maintenance of the HRIS system.
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis, ensuring the accuracy of paychecks, the processing of taxes, and required reporting.
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures.
- Support the department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Three years of experience in Human Resources with experience in recruitment and payroll.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and skilled in analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees in a professional manner.
- Strong computer skills, with working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Working knowledge of best practices in HR and payroll processing.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
CPH is mission-focused, customer-driven, and exists for the purpose of providing Christian resources that meet the needs of its customers today and in the future. CPH has been certified as a Best Christian Workplace by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute, is a winner of the Missouri Quality Award, and the National Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award. CPH offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package featuring medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care benefits; disability and survivor benefits; accidental death insurance; and a company provided retirement plan and an optional 403(b) retirement plan featuring a company match. Many other benefits are provided to CPH employees including free parking, business casual dress code, tuition reimbursement, and a friendly, team-oriented work environment with a management culture that solicits and recognizes employees for their ideas on opportunities to continually improve the company and our service to customers. We are looking for the best candidates to share in our vision.