Concordia Publishing House (CPH), an entity of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS), is seeking a Part-time Receptionist to be a part of our Building Services team. This position is responsible for welcoming visitors and assisting callers as they interact with our business. This individual will provide excellent customer service, demonstrate tact, and adapt to changing business needs.
The essential functions of this position are as follows:
- Welcoming on-site visitors, determining the nature of business, and announcing visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Answering incoming telephone calls, determining the purpose of calls, forwarding calls to appropriate personnel, and taking/delivering messages when appropriate.
- Answering questions about the organization and providing callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Monitoring visitors' building access and issuing passes when required.
- Performing other clerical duties as needed, such as sorting and opening mail.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to make favorable first impression by treating guests in a polite and effective manner
- Clear, understandable speaking voice
- General clerical ability, including the ability to type 40 words per minute
- Must be PC literate and familiar with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
CPH is mission-focused, customer-driven, and exists for the purpose of providing Christian resources that meet the needs of its customers today and in the future. CPH has been certified as a Best Christian Workplace by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute, is a winner of the Missouri Quality Award, and the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. CPH offers competitive pay as well as free parking, business casual dress code, an employee discount, and a friendly, team-oriented work environment. We are looking for the best candidates to share in our vision.