This position performs development, production and maintenance support for all mission-critical business systems, internally developed systems, and the automation and monitoring systems.
The essential functions of this position are as follows:
- Assist in design and development efforts of new internal software applications, adaptations, and updates to existing software to meet business and technology needs.
- Perform deployments as directed of internal and third-party applications and updates to maintain software concurrency.
- Investigating and resolving bugs and other software errors.
- Provide ideas and collaboration to development discussions to identify, collaborate, create, and document beneficial improvements to the various systems that are acceptable to customers and users, improve system performance, and maintain system integrity for future upgrades.
- Provide end user support as needs arise.
- Through personal research and formalized education / training, maintain knowledge of programming industry trends, techniques and technologies.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Conversant with database applications.
- Development experience in Microsoft frameworks and languages (e.g. VB, C#, Entity Framework, .NET, NET Core)
- Development experience with MVC web applications.
- SQL (Structured Query Language), both MS Access and SQL Server versions
- Relational database design and normalization using MS Access or SQL Server
- Preferred: Working knowledge in Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, and AL language extensions
- Preferred: Knowledge in developing for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Three years of experience in a comparable position. Broad knowledge of microcomputers, LAN's, Internet and office productivity tools.Three years development experience using Microsoft development frameworks, tools. Relevant experience with SQL database systems. Thorough understanding of relational database design concepts. Preferred three or more years of experience with .NET Framework, .NET Core Framework, C# development, SQL (Structured Query Language), and RDLC.
CPH is mission-focused, customer-driven, and exists for the purpose of providing Christian resources that meet the needs of its customers today and in the future. CPH has been certified as a Best Christian Workplace by the Best Christian Workplaces Institute, is a winner of the Missouri Quality Award, and the National Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award. CPH offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package featuring medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care benefits; disability and survivor benefits; accidental death insurance; and a company provided retirement plan and an optional 403(b) retirement plan featuring a company match. Many other benefits are provided to CPH employees including free parking, business casual dress code, tuition reimbursement, and a friendly, team-oriented work environment with a management culture that solicits and recognizes employees for their ideas on opportunities to continually improve the company and our service to customers. We are looking for the best candidates to share in our vision.